As a Youth Work Academy - Arts worker, working in the XLP arts team, you will have the opportunity to work with the arts manager in the XLP fixed recording studios based in Stratford and Lewisham.
With an unstoppable love of music and dancing, you’ll be helping young people to create music content, helping to manage the XLP social media accounts and helping to lead and choreograph dance groups. TikTok dance trends aint got nothing on you!
You’ll also support with organising and running group day trips and special events for 11-18s.
You can help extend the number of young people XLP support and move them forward in their creative arts and life journey.
What makes a great XLP team member?
- You are interested in the work that XLP are doing in London and want to help younger kids and teens in your local community.
- Dancing is your thing - it doesn’t matter if you’re self-taught or classically trained. You love to dance and want to help others enjoy it as much as you do.
- You’re pretty creative and enjoy music too, maybe you even make your own music..
- You enjoy social media - especially platforms like TikTok and Instagram.
- You enjoy a bit of hard work and feel like you’ll be able to connect with kids and teens aged between 11-18.
- You’ve got an open mind and like to listen to others and share ideas.
- You pick new things up pretty quickly and adapt well to changes and challenges.
- You’ve got some experience using Pro-tools or Logic software packages
If you’ve got it, flaunt it (if not, Google it!)
- You’ve worked with teenagers before and enjoyed it.
- You’ve got some experience with dance choreography - but it doesn’t have to be professional!
The above experience is great to have, but don’t worry if not - they are not essential criteria to you applying for the role.